Request an Official Copy of Your NOVA Transcript
Introducing PARCHMENT, the secure, reliable, electronic transcript system now being used at NOVA. Transcripts ordered through Parchment:
- Provide a faster turnaround time.
- Eliminate opportunities for fraudulent transcript delivery.
- Provide maximum data integrity.
- Are trackable throughout the process from order to receipt.
- Are available in hard copy and electronic versions.
- Can be uploaded to the Common Application.
- Can be purchased by debit or credit card.
- Generate email confirmations when the:
- order is placed
- transcript has been sent out
- eTranscript has been downloaded by the recipient
- Can be sent anywhere, including overseas (NOTE: additional costs apply).
Use Your Student ID to Speed up the Process
Using a correct Student ID will assure that your transcript will be sent within 24 hours. Transcripts requested without a Student ID, or with an incorrect Student ID may be delayed for up to one week. Please check all information entered for accuracy. Don't guess—verify!
How to Request Your Official Transcript
- If you know your correct NOVA Student ID, click here.
- If you do not have a NOVA Student ID or can't find it, click here.
- For non-credit/CEU courses, please contact Workforce Development.
If you have questions regarding graduation, transcript, diploma, transfer credit or CRO practices, please view our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Transcripts cost $10 for each electronic copy and $15 for each paper hard copy and must be purchased by credit or debit card. George Mason University only accepts transcripts electronically, so please do not request a paper copy for GMU.
- If you order a transcript using your correct Student ID, turnaround time is 24 hours or less for electronic transcripts. Delays may occur if there is a hold on your record, for which you will be notified by email.
- Transcripts being sent to George Mason University can take up to 72 hours because the process is different. A “hold” status is a normal step in the GMU transcript process and does not indicate a financial hold on your record.
- Parchment cannot hold a credit card pre-authorization for more than 30 days, so all open orders are canceled after 30 days. You will be sent a notification email when the order is canceled, informing you of the cancellation and giving you instructions on entering a new order if desired.
- Your credit card will be authorized for the purchase amount when the transcript is requested, but your credit card is not charged until the documents are processed successfully.
- If you have any monetary holds on your record, no transcript will be issued. Check your unofficial transcript and holds online through the Student Center in myNOVA.
- You can attach all required documents (ex. for law or medical school admission services), using the attachment feature.
- All paper hard copy transcripts issued are official and in a sealed envelope. Do not open your transcript if you plan to send the transcript to a college or organization. An opened transcript is considered unofficial by most colleges and organizations.
- CEU transcripts should be requested through your campus Workforce Development Office.
- If you have questions about transcript content or graduation email the College Records Office at AsktheCRO@nvcc.edu.