Get More Out of Your NOVA Education
The NOVA Honors Program offers you an opportunity to develop your leadership abilities, conduct research, stimulate your mind with rigorous courses, study an interesting subject in great depth and explore ideas across disciplines. It is a chance to think independently and critically, participate actively in discussion and learn in collaboration with fellow Honors students.
Is NOVA Honors Right for Me?
Contact an honors representative today!
Why NOVA Honors?
There are many benefits for completing the Honors Program at NOVA. For some, it is a self-guided exploration of new material facilitated by an experienced guide. For others, the appeal lies in the small class size and seminar-style discussions. The out-of-class enrichment experiences offer a distinctive bonus that all can enjoy.
- smaller classes with stimulating professors and peers
- student-led discussions in seminar-style classrooms
- multi-disciplinary approaches
- college-wide events and enrichment opportunities
- local, state, regional and national participation in Honors conferences
- competitive edge applying to four-year institutions
- 4-year Honors transfer memoranda of understanding
- honors course and Core Completion designation on your transcript
- Honors Certificate of Completion for Successful Core Completion
- recognition at commencement
- potential letters of recommendation from Honors faculty